funsec mailing list archives

Re: Cybercrime as destructive as credit crisis

From: "Rob, grandpa of Ryan, Trevor, Devon & Hannah" <rMslade () shaw ca>
Date: Sun, 23 Nov 2008 18:31:17 -0800

Date sent:              Thu, 20 Nov 2008 13:51:13 -0600
From:                   Thomas Raef <traef () ebasedsecurity com>

But don't you think cybercrime is much the same?

I'm with you, Thomas.  I recall a 2006 FBI survey (done on 2005 data) indicating
malware related incidents had a huge *financial* impact: they estimated 62 billion
for 2005, US-wide.  Even allowing for over-reporting and lack of understanding, I
still think that's gotta count for something.

======================  (quote inserted randomly by Pegasus Mailer)
rslade () vcn bc ca     slade () victoria tc ca     rslade () computercrime org
My interest is in the future because I am going to spend the rest
of my life there.               - Charles F. Kettering (1876 - 1958)
victoria.tc.ca/techrev/rms.htm blogs.securiteam.com/index.php/archives/author/p1/