funsec mailing list archives

Re: Tweet This: I Don't Care

From: Gadi Evron <ge () linuxbox org>
Date: Fri, 20 Mar 2009 16:38:14 -0500 (CDT)

On Fri, 20 Mar 2009, Rich Kulawiec wrote:
You want "curmudgeon"?  I'll give ya curmudgeon...

Indeed, it sounds like all you guys do is "whine whine whine".
:)

You haven't shown us WHY your position is valid yet, except that you were
here a long time ago. You being here a long time ago is respectable, but
not a good argument as to why twitter is good or bad as a general case,
you as the particular, your own usage or lack there-of, I don't argue.

I don't understand, is why your latest line of defense is YOU on the
defenseive for "old farts"? Nobody here said twitter will last, nobody
here said those who have "been there before" don't know what they are
talking about. In fact, as some of our defense is people who had a .arpa
address or similar...

You attacking the "fledglings" (while we have seen a few old farts here
speaking for twitter) instead of saying why twitter is so bad, is not a
very convincing case. Not any more than accusing us of attacking the
`farts.

I don't get why you muddy the water on a discussion that's already pretty
much decided, by making this all personal, but this time against you
rather than the other bunch.

Further, I'll respect some of the points you make with an answer. But you
will notice each of these simply changes the subject at hand.
I hit "reply all" which takes care of mailing lists. If your mail
client can't handle duplicates, perhaps it needs to come back out of the
80s. Also, I do not often reply in top-posting, even though in some cases
it is the preferable way of doing things.

Stop changing the subject, stop attacking the person or other things the
person does which make him or her a bad bad criminal, and answer me on
point.

I took the time to accept your point and go with it, you didn't even take
the time to acknowledge mine exists. And you just switch arguments. Is
that conceding that we are right as you couldn't answer?

I learned to appreciate you and your opinion, which is why I will not back
down when you are obviously Waffling. I will wait for it, for a while
longer.

        Gadi.