funsec mailing list archives

Re: British Television

From: David Lodge <dave () cirt net>
Date: Tue, 02 Jun 2009 18:53:32 +0100

On Mon, 2009-06-01 at 11:46 +0100, Martin Hepworth wrote:
and I remember seeing it the first time around when my grandad got a
colour TV and we could watch BBC2 for the first time.

my votes also go for Little Britain and Red Dwarf.

Red Dwarf gets a thumbs up (as long as we're talking series <= 6). As
for Little Britain, I remember when it was on Radio 4 and it's a little
too camp for my tastes, the best bit about it was that they got Tom
Baker to do the narrator's job.

For humour I can watch QI and Mock the Week at any time - not classic
comedy, but a good way to kill half an hour.

Then again I stopped watching TV for 10 years because it got too
Americanised (plus I disagree with the TV Tax... erm... Licence) that
we're forced to have here.