funsec mailing list archives

Re: I don't recognize it, so it must be a bomb

From: Nick FitzGerald <nick () virus-l demon co uk>
Date: Sun, 02 Aug 2009 11:06:07 +1200

Tomas L. Byrnes wrote:

(Why should the Faux News have all the good goof-ups?)
[TLB:]
Because Fox uses their own reporters and affiliates, as opposed to
mostly regurgitating AP and Reuters.

They have a real NETWORK, with LOCAL affiliates.

So you're suggesting that Fox has the most goofups because it has the
widest reach?

Interesting -- as it's supposed to be a news channel, _and_ as there
are others with similarly broad-reaching networks, I don't think that
passes as an adequate explanation.

I'd have thought the fact that it doesn't actually have (m)any
practising "real journalists" COMBINED with the breadth of their
distribution is the answer to the OP's question...

Regards,

Nick FitzGerald