funsec mailing list archives

Re: I don't recognize it, so it must be a bomb

From: chris () blask org
Date: Sat, 1 Aug 2009 20:31:14 -0700 (PDT)

--- On Sat, 8/1/09, Tomas L. Byrnes <tomb () byrneit net> wrote:

The same statement I made regarding Fox's ability to find "local
interest"  in the US holds for Al-Beeb. They have the best worldwide
coverage, because they have more correspondents in more places, due to
affiliation with the various former empire countries state
media.

While I can't take FOX more seriously as a news outlet than most others - at least not on their own claim as anything
resembling "fair and balanced" (Fiercely Biased, perhaps), I agree entirely on the Beeb.

Best.  News. Evah.

It bugs me 'cause I don't like state-run media in the least, but the Beeb really does put out a great stream of
journalism and information.

I like what I see of Al-Jazeera, which so far has been very little.  At first just the name made me flinch but I've
caught a couple bits from them and while I reserve judgement they strike me as a scrappy organization at least trying
to report things as they see them.  Better than the big three
US cable clown networks, not that that's saying much.

-chris