funsec mailing list archives

Re: DON'T DO STUPID THINGS!

From: "David Harley" <david.a.harley () gmail com>
Date: Wed, 26 Aug 2009 12:17:22 +0100

OTH, if we remove all danger from society, there's not much
life left in that society.

(Not disagreeing about stupid people, just pointing out the
other side, such as the UK's obsession with safety which has
resulted in nonsense like children not being able to play on
playground equipment in some
areas.)

I'm not sure that sort of nonsense is restricted to the UK. However,
nannying like schools banning the playing of conkers hasn't done our public
image any good. :(

First person to mention guns gets a chestnut stake through the heart,
though.

--
David Harley BA CISSP FBCS CITP
Director of Malware Intelligence, ESET