funsec mailing list archives

Re: The 15 biggest Wikipedia blunders

From: Thomas M Carlsson <thomas () carlsson fm>
Date: Tue, 01 Sep 2009 07:16:24 +0100

Alex Eckelberry wrote:
There's also idiocies and unprofessionalism.  I once saw an entry about an actress, and it described her as being
"hot".

Stuff like that slips by all the time.  Also, you can really put anything you want there, as long as you have a
reference link (which can be self-serving).  In the case of issues that aren't tracked very intently, it often gets
overlooked.

I recall reading Wikipedia's entry on The Long Tail a few months ago,
and stumbling on a passage that read:

"Sometime in 2005, a man announced his plans to crawl into this concept
so that it could simulate a womb. Once he discovered that his goal makes
no physical sense, he committed suicide."

Thomas

--
  Thomas Mannfred Carlsson
  mail () thomascarlsson com