funsec mailing list archives

Re: DON'T DO STUPID THINGS!

From: Ned Fleming <ned () kaw us>
Date: Tue, 01 Sep 2009 09:13:05 -0500

On Tue, 01 Sep 2009 12:54:11 +1200, Nick FitzGerald
<nick () virus-l demon co uk> wrote:

ferg wrote:

...or (gasp!) a beer glass?

http://www.schneier.com/blog/archives/2009/08/banning_beer_gl.html

Many years back, here in New Zealand, one of the major hotel chains
(_the_ only national hotel chain??  I was a bit too young to pay
sufficient attention though I seem to recall that they had HANZ printed
on their glasses and this stood for Hotel Association of New Zealand)
voluntarily "banned" glass glasses in their public bars for (allegedly)
similar safety reasons,

It amazes me to even hear of a hotel bar fight, they're  so sedate.
Fights in stand-alone bars or taverns, sure, but I can't recall
hearing of a hotel bar fight.

No doubt they do occur in Las Vegas and other such shit-holes. (What
happens in Vegas, stays in Vegas.)

Hotel bar fights: another reason to avoid New Zealand.

--
Ned