funsec mailing list archives

SCIENCE FICTION ALERT!!! Re: DON'T DO STUPID THINGS!

From: Gadi Evron <ge () linuxbox org>
Date: Wed, 26 Aug 2009 08:55:33 +0300

Paul Vixie wrote:
From "The Moon Is a Harsh Mistress", Robert Heinlein, 1965:

We went over news and tactical situation. Wright had been correct in saying
thousands of had been lost; news up from Earthside was full of it. How many
ll never know; if a person stands at ground zero and tonnes of rock land on
him, not much left. Those they could count were ones farther away, killed
by blast. Call if fifty thousand in North America.

Never will understand people! We spent three days warning them them -- and
you couldn't say they they hadn't heard warnings; that was why they were
there. To see show. To laugh at our nonsense. To get "souvenirs".  Whole
families went to targets, some with picnic baskets. Picnic baskets! Bojemoi!