funsec mailing list archives

Re: Ghosts of steganography past

From: Valdis.Kletnieks () vt edu
Date: Thu, 10 Dec 2009 15:09:10 -0500

On Thu, 10 Dec 2009 14:06:42 EST, der Mouse said:
I want to know if people are still using primitive methods of hiding
information
http://s169.photobucket.com/albums/u210/noodles-1991/?action=view&current=1159390191021.jpg&newest=1
(Go ahead - *try* to claim that's not really primitive stego. ;)

I sure don't see any hidden message in it.  What am I missing?

There's a whole bunch of dark pixels towards the center-right top.  Admittedly,
the encoding isn't perfect because every time I look at it and try to figure
out what it's saying, I just end up with "WTF?"