funsec mailing list archives

Re: Fergie's Monkey Theory

From: Imri Goldberg <lorgandon () gmail com>
Date: Wed, 14 Jul 2010 08:37:39 +0300

On Tue, Jul 13, 2010 at 9:36 AM, Paul Ferguson
<fergdawgster () gmail com>wrote (paraphrased):

Fergie's Monkey Theory says: Every day, you will hear something about
X, read something about X, or see something that involves
X.

Obviously - it's a "self fulfilling prophecy" - especially when discussed on
funsec. At another time, I could probably have made the same argument
regarding gun control or netiquette .

Cheers,
Imri

PS
In an effort to decrease the amount of resources required by Rich to process
this email and the amount of inconvenience to him, I've removed the concrete
mentions of the objects referred to in Fergie's statement.

--
Imri Goldberg