funsec mailing list archives

Re: Fergie's Monkey Theory

From: Joel Esler <joel.esler () me com>
Date: Wed, 14 Jul 2010 09:33:19 -0400

On Jul 14, 2010, at 1:59 AM, Paul Ferguson wrote:

On Tue, Jul 13, 2010 at 10:37 PM, Imri Goldberg <lorgandon () gmail com>
wrote:

On Tue, Jul 13, 2010 at 9:36 AM, Paul Ferguson <fergdawgster () gmail com>
wrote (paraphrased):

Fergie's Monkey Theory says: Every day, you will hear something about
X, read something about X, or see something that involves
X.

Obviously - it's a "self fulfilling prophecy" - especially when discussed
on funsec. At another time, I could probably have made the same argument
regarding gun control or netiquette .

You'll also notice that I said that you can't "force it", e.g. it has to be
completely happenstance.

Does this thread count as the daily reference?  I guess so huh?

--
Joel Esler
http://www.joelesler.net