funsec mailing list archives

Re: Fergie's Monkey Theory

From: RLVaughn <rl_vaughn () baylor edu>
Date: Wed, 14 Jul 2010 11:45:31 -0500

On 7/14/10 10:33 AM, Thomas M Carlsson wrote:
On 13/07/2010 07:36, Paul Ferguson wrote:
Fergie's Monkey Theory says: Every day, you will hear something about
monkeys, read something about monkeys, or see something that involves
monkeys.

How about: If you are hearing, reading, or seeing something that
involves monkeys on a daily basis, you have been working in IT security
for too long!

Thomas

OK, now I am trapped in this mess.  I hope you all are happy.

I was going to claim monkeys as endemic in IT as a result of the
necessity of a spare scratch monkey.  However, my google foo only
seems to find things such as, "How to Make Asian Spare Ribs with Wasabi
Mashed Potatoes" from MonkeySee, rather than the original alleged
scratch monkey incident.  If anyone has a link to said adventure please
share it.

(Come to think of it, Spare Ribs might be an indirect monkey reference,
although I have neither time nor, more importantly, the inclination to
gather the information needed to find out if that is the case.)

Randy