funsec mailing list archives

Re: Firefox slow?

From: "Rob, grandpa of Ryan, Trevor, Devon & Hannah" <rMslade () shaw ca>
Date: Thu, 13 Jan 2011 20:30:33 -0800

Date sent:              Thu, 13 Jan 2011 20:13:44 -0500
From:                   "Randal T. Rioux" <randy () procyonlabs com>

Because I'm talking out my ass here, I'll pose a question. Has there
been any study done on what data Chrome collects and passes along to Google?

Yup.

Answer: lots.  Also any of the Google apps.

Followup: does anyone seem to care?

Answer: no.

======================  (quote inserted randomly by Pegasus Mailer)
rslade () vcn bc ca     slade () victoria tc ca     rslade () computercrime org
[N]o one goes downhill head-first on a cafeteria tray better than
Canadians ... If you've got something really dangerous and not
terribly smart planned for an Olympic sport, the sort of thing
that two guys out drinking heavily one night at the top of the
bobsled run probably thought up, we're in.
                                 - Cam Cole, Vancouver Sun, 20060218
victoria.tc.ca/techrev/rms.htm blog.isc2.org/isc2_blog/slade/index.html
http://blogs.securiteam.com/index.php/archives/author/p1/
http://www.infosecbc.org/links http://twitter.com/rslade