funsec mailing list archives

Verified by ....

From: Drsolly <drsollyp () drsolly com>
Date: Mon, 4 Apr 2011 20:41:09 +0100 (BST)

I just got a moneygram. There's this cute thing thats a pink stop sign,
it's heat sensitive, if you touch it, it fades and the reappears. It tells
you so on the moneygram, and it's true.

I'm confused about why they think that this is any different from a
document that says "I'm genuine".

And I still can't get my bank to believe that asking me for my date of
birth is any kind of evidence that I am who I say I am.

Don't these people have *any* kind of security theory training? Or even
any common sense?