funsec mailing list archives

Re: Verified by ....

From: Drsolly <drsollyp () drsolly com>
Date: Tue, 5 Apr 2011 00:04:59 +0100 (BST)

It's like this.

If someone bets you $100 that they can make the ace of spades leap out of
the pack and spit cider in your ear, don't take the bet, or you're wind up
with an earful of cider.

In this case, the possible-scammer is telling me that the thing that he is
able to make, the pink heat sensitive thingy, proves that it is what he
says it is.

No, it doesn't. It only proves that he can make a piece of paper wioth a
heat-sensitive thingy.

The key to this will be, can I giv4e it to my bank and get cash from it?
If I can, then it becomes SEP.