funsec mailing list archives

Re: BitDefender, you've created a monster! (story ...)

From: Valdis.Kletnieks () vt edu
Date: Mon, 30 Jan 2012 13:18:33 -0500

On Mon, 30 Jan 2012 10:34:57 EST, michael.blanchard () emc com said:

s dribble and by far nothing at all new.  But when I'm talking to folks that
claim to be malware experts, or IT security experts, and they start stating
stuff like "....yah, malware's getting so bad these days that viruses are
infecting malware!  Imagine that?!...."

My stock reply to this sort of junk: "As far as 'new' goes, it's relative.  Is
it still 'new' if it was first seen before you were even toilet trained?"

If it keeps up, we're going to be seeing "new" stuff that was around before
their *parents* were toilet trained.

A co-worker of mine has a rubber stamp that says "I first told you about this in 19__".

He's *still* getting use out of it.