funsec mailing list archives

Will the digital cloud lead to a deluge of privacy class actions?

From: Jeffrey Walton <noloader () gmail com>
Date: Sun, 2 Dec 2012 18:27:56 -0500

Here's one of my big complaints with the cloud. We have done such a
poor job over the years of protecting data within our purview, we move
it to the cloud and provide another layer of indirection. That's 2x
the point of failures, and at least an additional layer of corporate
rabbit holes.

Couple the cloud with obscene Terms of Service (for example, Apple
states they can lose your data, give it away, or provide it to law
enforcement without making you whole), and the user or consumer is
only going to be abused more often.

http://business.financialpost.com/2012/11/27/digital-cloud-may-lead-to-deluge-of-privacy-class-actions/