Metasploit mailing list archives

Queries on CABRIGHTSTOR exploit

From: mmiller at hick.org (mmiller at hick.org)
Date: Thu, 27 Oct 2005 09:07:15 -0500

On Thu, Oct 27, 2005 at 12:29:42PM +0530, 3 shool wrote:
On Wed, Oct 26, 2005 at 06:06:05PM +0530, 3 shool wrote:
LHOST: my local machine IP 192.168.1.3 <http://192.168.1.3/> <
http://192.168.1.3>
RHOST: vulnerable servers IP
TARGET: 0
PAYLOAD: win32, win32_reverse_ord, win32_reverse_ord_vncinject
CMD: dir

Just a guess, but is the vulnerable machine somewhere else on the
internet or is on the local LAN? In other words, can the vulnerable
machine communicate with 192.168.1.3 <http://192.168.1.3>? I'd guess
that's what your
problem is. You might be better of using the bind payloads if you're
unsure, although you will be subject to any inbound filtering the target
machine has. It's also possible that the address being used by the
exploit may not be working correctly on the target machine. You'd need
to do some analysis to determine this.

The vulnerable machine is on internet. But I also tried the CMD execution
payload which I feel should work in this case. And there isn't a bind
payload for this module. Any idea how can I create one?

I would appreciate some more pointers from experts.

Well, the command that you were sending is 'dir'.  I'm assuming that you
were expecting to see some sort of output.  The problem is that the
command execution payload does not pipe output over a socket (because it
doesn't establish any sort of connection).  Therefore, it's possible
that the command is indeed executing but you just aren't seeing
it (furthermore, dir is an intrinsic command to the command shell).
Indeed, it does look like there is limited space for the payload (which
is why you aren't seeing the bind payloads).

Your best bet is to probably do a port forward on the NAT device that
you're using to communicate with the internet such that you can make use
of the reverse payloads.  Alternatively, you could execute a more
meaningful command.