nanog mailing list archives

Re: ** Forged spamming going on

From: "Roeland M.J. Meyer" <rmeyer () mhsc com>
Date: Tue, 22 Dec 1998 16:05:14 -0800

At 01:01 PM 12/22/98 , Dean Anderson wrote:
At 12:59 AM 12/22/1998 -0500, you wrote:
I begin to think you're being _wilfully perverse_ in your
misunderstandings of things people state clearly.

First-off, I thought there was an RBL-discuss list ....

The bottom line is that the RBL is a powerful hammer, and the person in
control is inclined to act capriciously without concern for anyone else or
even follow his own rules about their "permitted activities" as he
originally defined them in the pages on qualification for the RBL.

Next, if you want to set up a competing RBL registry then knock yourself
out. Bring it up, politicize it the way you think it's right, and convince
others to use it. If its any good, I don't think Paul would cry alot over
it. Maybe, he'd breath a sigh of relief. I'm fairly sure he doesn't really
want the job, just filling a gap/need. Convince Paul that you'd do as good
a job as he does and he might even be your first customer.

Roeland M.J. Meyer -
e-mail:                                      mailto:rmeyer () mhsc com
Internet phone:                                hawk.lvrmr.mhsc.com
Personal web pages:             http://staff.mhsc.com/~rmeyer
Company web-site:                           http://www.mhsc.com
I hold it, that a little rebellion, now and then, is a good thing...
                -- Thomas Jefferson