nanog mailing list archives

Re: Large ISPs doing NAT?

From: Scott Francis <darkuncle () darkuncle net>
Date: Fri, 3 May 2002 10:42:38 -0700

On Fri, May 03, 2002 at 08:29:32AM -0400, Valdis.Kletnieks () vt edu said:
On Fri, 03 May 2002 00:12:34 PDT, Scott Francis said:

Your phone can surf porn? Maybe the technology revolution has finally arriv=
ed
after all ...

No, it's still in the "dancing bear" stage.  There's the question of whether
it's worth doing on that class display device....

On the other hand, if somebody's looking for a *business* opportunity, I
could see a *big* market for "Where do I find?" databases for GPS-capable
phones - I think somebody already did a "public restrooms in Manhattan",
and I know I've been in strange cities, known there was a specific restraunt
or store somewhere within 10 blocks, and been willing to pay for a reliable
hint for the parking garage nearest...

that is an excellent idea. I know one thing I would LOVE to have is a search
engine that can answer my question, "Where can I find a coffee house
{optionally: with 802.11b} open after midnight during the week in Los
Angeles {optionally: the Valley}?"

No good answers so far ... at least, none that involve driving less than 30
minutes. :)

--
Scott Francis                   darkuncle@ [home:] d a r k u n c l e . n e t
Systems/Network Manager          sfrancis@ [work:]         t o n o s . c o m