nanog mailing list archives

Re: Who uses RADB? [was BGP to doom us all]

From: Jared Mauch <jared () puck Nether net>
Date: Sat, 1 Mar 2003 23:53:46 -0500

On Sat, Mar 01, 2003 at 11:31:30AM -0500, Mark Radabaugh wrote:

So, let's recap why no one uses them (as many have said already in the
related
thread):  Laziness.  The same laziness that results in the slew of other
things
many folks have pointed out not being addressed.

-danny

You forgot the other one - expense.  AFAIK all of the registries have fees
or require you to be a customer.  If there is no operational value for me
why would I want to spend the money?  I realize most of you work for

        ALTDB?

        www.altdb.net

        even verio mirrors altdb so customers
can use them instead of the verio registry if you want.

http://info.us.bb.verio.net/routing.html#VRR

--
Jared Mauch  | pgp key available via finger from jared () puck nether net