nanog mailing list archives

RE: Lazy network operators

From: "Stephen J. Wilcox" <steve () telecomplete co uk>
Date: Wed, 14 Apr 2004 14:58:59 +0100 (BST)

On Wed, 14 Apr 2004, daryl () introspect net wrote:

Not being happy with the ISP's smarthost is not justification to run your
own;  you should change ISPs.. assuming we implement this locked

That's a super idea.  Now explain how that works when you have access to
only a single broadband provider.  If you already thought of this
scenario, you're seriously underestimating the number of people in this
situation.

In my example I suggested that there would be tiers of service, for an extra fee
they would give you a service where you could run your smarthost.

As already mentioned there are other ways to send mail than port 25 which is an
alternative to you.

My original point still stands tho, if your SP isnt delivering complain, if
they're unable to deliver email then you wont be the only one with problems.

Steve