nanog mailing list archives

Re: a radical proposal (Re: protocols that don't meet the need...)

From: Paul Jakma <paul () clubi ie>
Date: Wed, 15 Feb 2006 23:41:15 +0000 (GMT)

<aside: text below seems to reply to me specifically, but for some strange reason you decided to strip my address from your reply.>

On Wed, 15 Feb 2006, Edward B. DREGER wrote:

BTW, Paul, FixedOrbit reports 701 as having ~1500 peers and downstreams. As interconnected as even they are, that's still a far cry from the full-mesh O(N^2) situation you seemed to suggest.

I'm not sure what bearing any specific number has on O(n^2) behaviour. However, if you want to look at specific numbers, plug '10' in there, then try '20'.

regards,
--
Paul Jakma      paul () clubi ie        paul () jakma org       Key ID: 64A2FF6A
Fortune: