nanog mailing list archives

Re: wikileaks unreachable

From: "Patrick W. Gilmore" <patrick () ianai net>
Date: Fri, 3 Dec 2010 01:30:01 -0500

On Dec 3, 2010, at 1:20 AM, Randy Bush wrote:

and this is based on what facts?
Instead of tweeting about how to reach their content, or their IP
addresses to bypass DNS, they are sending repetedly via twitter the
following URL http://collateralmurder.com/en/support.html

coincidence != causality

Neither does correlation. :)

But Jorge has a point.  If they wanted to help users get past their DNS problems, they could tweet for assistance,
tweet their IP addy and ask to be re-tweeted, ask owners of authorities to set up wikileaks.$FOO.com to 'crowd source'
their name, etc.

So at the very least, they are guilty of not being imaginative.

BTW: I personally doubt they are doing this for money.  But I don't have any proof of that either.

--
TTFN,
patrick