nanog mailing list archives

Re: 365x24x7

From: "John Levine" <johnl () iecc com>
Date: 17 Apr 2011 16:18:29 -0000

Some people claimed they'd have preferred it if we'd changed to the
_following_ shift rater than the preceding shift each week but never
having tried that I don't know how it would be.

I've read stuff that confirms that changing to a later shift is much
easier than changing to an earlier one.  It certainly matches my
experience that the jet lag flying to Europe, where I have to get up
six hours earlier, is much worse than flying back.

It also makes the obvious point that fewer shift changes are easier on
the employees than more.

R's,
John