nanog mailing list archives

Re: [arin-announce] IN-ADDR.ARPA Zone Transfer Complete

From: Doug Barton <dougb () dougbarton us>
Date: Wed, 16 Feb 2011 13:47:21 -0800

On 02/16/2011 13:44, John Curran wrote:
On Feb 16, 2011, at 4:30 PM, Doug Barton wrote:

John,

Congratulations to you and ICANN for this significant step, at all the various layers and meanings of significant. :)

Relevant to another post today, I've noticed that neither the *.ip6-servers.arpa nor the *.in-addr-servers.arpa allow
axfr. Which leads to the following questions:

1. Was that a conscious decision, and if so why?
2. Is there any hope that axfr could be permitted in the future?

Of course, if you're not the right person to ask feel free to redirect me.

Doug -

   Excellent questions (of which I do not know the answer)

   Allow me some time for research.

Thanks!

No no, thank YOU. :)

Doug