nanog mailing list archives

Re: IPv6 mistakes, was: Re: Looking for an IPv6 naysayer...

From: Mark Andrews <marka () isc org>
Date: Fri, 18 Feb 2011 14:25:29 +1100

In message <00bc01cbcf19$8b3f13d0$a1bd3b70$@iname.com>, "Frank Bulk" writes:
You're invited to work my helpdesk for a week.  I'd even pay you.

It's not just flashing, it's reconfiguring every wireless device in the home
(printer, Wii, Kindle, laptop (that's not home right, will be when Sally
visits for the weekend), etc).

Every device doesn't need to know the address.  The CPE device still uses
RFC 1918 internally.  This is for the external address.

If you can come up with an online tool that downloads the correct firmware
image, backs up the settings, upgrades the firmware, and restores the
configuration, with 99% success, I'd consider buying it to the tune
$10/upgraded device.

Frank
--
Mark Andrews, ISC
PHONE: +61 2 9871 4742                 INTERNET: marka () isc org