nanog mailing list archives

Re: quietly....

From: Matthew Petach <mpetach () netflight com>
Date: Wed, 2 Feb 2011 01:45:59 -0800

On Wed, Feb 2, 2011 at 1:29 AM, Geoff Huston <gih () apnic net> wrote:
Are there any expectations of a Gold Rush for the remaining addresses?  I would expect to see at least see some kind
of escalation.

This question probably calls for another picture.

Here is a plot of 2009 and 2010 in terms of the average number of IPv4 addresses allocated on a daily basis, across
all 5 RIRs. I've used a smoothing function across the allocation data in order to clearly show the trend pattern over
the two year period.

http://www.potaroo.net/tools/ipv4/daily-allocs.jpg

 Geoff

Oh master of the awesome graphingness...can you do a corresponding slide
for v6 allocation rates, so we can see if the runout is helping
inspire additional
interest for networks in perhaps investigating v6 more seriously?

Thanks!

Matt