nanog mailing list archives

Re: Cogent & HE

From: Owen DeLong <owen () delong com>
Date: Thu, 9 Jun 2011 00:56:37 -0700

On Jun 8, 2011, at 1:10 PM, Ken Chase wrote:

On Wed, Jun 08, 2011 at 03:05:05PM -0500, Richard A Steenbergen said:
global reachability, in the hopes that it will strengthen their
strategic position for peering in the long term (i.e. they both want to
be an "IPv6 Tier 1").

I'm not making a judgement call about the rightness or wrongness of the
strategy (and after all, it clearly hasn't been THAT big of an issue
considering that it has been this way for MANY months), but to attempt
to "blame" one party for this issue is the height of absurdity. PR
stunts and cake baking not withstanding, they're both equally complicit.

So we have to buy from BOTH HE and Cogent?! Sounds like market fixing to me! :/

Not at all... You can peer with HE.

Try that with Cogent and then tell me it's the same.

Owen