nanog mailing list archives

Re: Yahoo and IPv6

From: Scott Whyte <swhyte () gmail com>
Date: Thu, 12 May 2011 09:06:24 -0700

On Wed, May 11, 2011 at 23:10, Franck Martin <fmartin () linkedin com> wrote:
I think the yahoo test should just differentiate between no IPv6 and IPv6
is slow (test between 3s and 10s). Like:

We have detected that you have IPv6 and will be able to access our site on
IPv6 day, but your user experience may not be as good as with IPv4, you
may consider disabling IPv6.

Measurements during the experiment won't be directly comparable to
those before/after, at least as far as I can see.  So they will be
informative, but its the slope of the brokenness line before/after
that will determine when IPv6 is not an impediment to itself.

-Scott