nanog mailing list archives

Re: Yahoo and IPv6

From: "Bjoern A. Zeeb" <bzeeb-lists () lists zabbadoz net>
Date: Sat, 14 May 2011 04:09:07 +0000

On May 14, 2011, at 2:12 AM, Lorenzo Colitti wrote:

On Tue, May 10, 2011 at 11:22 AM, Owen DeLong <owen () delong com> wrote:

In other words, Igor can't turn on AAAA records generally until there are
182,001 IPv6-only users that are broken from his lack of AAAA records.

There will be no IPv6-only users. There will only be users with better IPv6
connectivity than IPv4 connectivity.

My Desktop is not able to make any IPv4 socket connections anymore.  I get
"Protocol not supported". So there are IPv6-only users, already bitten by
no AAAA.  So that's -1 from me.

/bz

--
         Stop bit received. Insert coin for new address family.