nanog mailing list archives

Re: The Making of a Router

From: Valdis.Kletnieks () vt edu
Date: Fri, 27 Dec 2013 01:33:26 -0500

On Thu, 26 Dec 2013 11:16:53 -0800, Seth Mattinen said:
On 12/26/13, 9:24, Andrew D Kirch wrote:

If he can afford a 10G link... he should be buying real gear...  I mean,
look, I've got plenty of infrastructure horror stories, but lets not
cobble together our own 10gbit solutions, please?  At least get one of
the new microtik CCR's with a 10gig sfp+?  They're only a kilobuck... If
you can't afford that I suggest you can't afford to be an ISP.

Unless all the money is going into the 10 gig link.

If you've sunk so much into the 10G link (or anything else, for that matter)
that you don't have a kilobuck to spare, you're probably undercapitalized to be
an ISP.