nanog mailing list archives

Re: Applications that break when not using /64

From: Matthew Petach <mpetach () netflight com>
Date: Tue, 17 Jun 2014 16:31:56 -0700

On 2014-06-18 00:02, Matthew Petach wrote:
[..]
I tried to configure my FreeBSD box at home to
use a /120 subnet mask.  It consistently crashed
with a kernel panic.

Where is the bug report?

I am fairly confident that that really should not be an issue, with the
BSD stack being one of the oldest IPv6 stacks around (thank you itojun
and the rest of KAME!)

Greets,
 Jeroen

Didn't file a bug report; just used it as proof of
why a bigger IPv6 allocation was needed, and
worked around the problem that way.  If you're
curious, I can change /etc/rc.conf.local back
and recreate the problem.  Not sure who I'd
file the bug with, though.

Matt