nanog mailing list archives

Re: Applications that break when not using /64

From: Mark Tinka <mark.tinka () seacom mu>
Date: Wed, 18 Jun 2014 16:51:01 +0200

On Wednesday, June 18, 2014 12:31:49 PM Grzegorz Janoszka
wrote:

I haven't done extensive testing. I have just tried to
divide a /64 into smaller subnets and to run Debian and
Windows on it (as Matthew Petach did with his FreeBSD).
I think I have tried /112 or /120. Debian was mostly
fine, just one torrent or newsgroups client couldn't do
v6 (can't recall which one), with Windows it was a
different story and basically nothing really worked.

That's interesting.

I've run /112's on OpenSUSE, FreeBSD (from 7.0 up to 10),
Windows 7, Windows 8 and Mac OS X (since Tiger) and haven't
had any issues worth remembering.

Mark.