nanog mailing list archives

Re: Applications that break when not using /64

From: Grzegorz Janoszka <Grzegorz () Janoszka pl>
Date: Wed, 18 Jun 2014 12:31:49 +0200

On 17/06/14 23:13 , Jeroen Massar wrote:
Thus, can you please identify these applications so that we can hammer
on the developers of those applications and fix that problem?

I haven't done extensive testing. I have just tried to divide a /64 into smaller subnets and to run Debian and Windows on it (as Matthew Petach did with his FreeBSD). I think I have tried /112 or /120. Debian was mostly fine, just one torrent or newsgroups client couldn't do v6 (can't recall which one), with Windows it was a different story and basically nothing really worked.

It was some time ago and I haven't tried Windows 7 SP1, maybe it has been fixed till now. Does anyone have Windows with IPv6 and netmask > /64?

--
Grzegorz Janoszka