nanog mailing list archives

Re: Cogent - Google - HE Fun

From: Dennis Bohn <bohn () adelphi edu>
Date: Wed, 16 Mar 2016 11:22:05 -0400

On Mar 16, 2016 10:06 AM, "Christopher Morrow" <morrowc.lists () gmail com>
wrote:

On Wed, Mar 16, 2016 at 9:56 AM, Dennis Bohn <bohn () adelphi edu> wrote:
So if someone (say an eyeball network) was putting out a RFQ for a gig
say
of upstream cxn and wanted to spec full reachability to the full V6 net,
what would the wording for that spec look like?
Would that get $provider's attention?

"We would like transit services to the full ipv4 and ipv6 addressable
space, we would like our prefixes to be advertised to the whole of the
above space as well."

then you'd by one (some) connection(s) from 'best option #1' and
one(some) connection(s) to 'next best option'.

I'm not sure 'rfq' is required here is it? ....

I was thinking RFQ with specific requirements might get cogent attention
more than a call. Sure they wouldn't change policy for me, but if they were
unable to meet quote requirements repeatedly it might have some effect...
or am I dreaming?

              and potentially what knobs
the providers expose to you for bgp TE functionality?

Good thought to include that. Tnx.
D.