nanog mailing list archives

RE: BFD for long haul circuit

From: <adamv0025 () netconsultings com>
Date: Sat, 18 Jul 2020 14:31:51 +0100

Well luckily we have MEF to set expectations about ones EPL/EVPL/EPLAN/EVPLAN performance. (and formal SLA contracts
describing every single aspect of the service and its performance).

Anyways, when I was designing these the back in the days when it was cool and demand was high, customers (other
carriers) were getting MTU9100 (to fit customers MTU9000), the whole CFM & LFM shebang (to the point made earlier in
the thread that the link should go down on both ends -like it’s the case with a wave) and sub 50ms convergence in case
something when wrong inside our backbone.

We as a provider got more $$$ from single investment to our wave/fiber, but our customers could enjoy p2p links on par
with wave for less $.

adam