nanog mailing list archives

Re: BFD for long haul circuit

From: Mark Tinka <mark.tinka () seacom com>
Date: Sat, 18 Jul 2020 18:10:36 +0200

On 18/Jul/20 15:31, adamv0025 () netconsultings com wrote:

Well luckily we have MEF to set expectations about ones
EPL/EVPL/EPLAN/EVPLAN performance. (and formal SLA contracts
describing every single aspect of the service and its performance).

Anyways, when I was designing these the back in the days when it was
cool and demand was high, customers (other carriers) were getting
MTU9100 (to fit customers MTU9000), the whole CFM & LFM shebang (to
the point made earlier in the thread that the link should go down on
both ends -like it’s the case with a wave) and sub 50ms convergence in
case something when wrong inside our backbone.

We as a provider got more $$$ from single investment to our
wave/fiber, but our customers could enjoy p2p links on par with wave
for less $.

It's probably worth noting that easily 90% of all remote peering
circuits are running over an EoMPLS service, FWIW.

Mark.