nanog mailing list archives

Re: multihoming

From: Christopher Morrow <morrowc.lists () gmail com>
Date: Wed, 24 Nov 2021 19:31:19 -0500

On Wed, Nov 24, 2021 at 5:12 PM Geoff Huston <gih () apnic net> wrote:

On 25 Nov 2021, at 7:57 am, Christopher Morrow <morrowc.lists () gmail com>
wrote:

Are you proposing SCTP? There is sadly not much more hope for widespread
adoption of that as of IPv6.

or perhaps MP-TCP? :)  or shim6?

Shim6 died a comprehensive death many yers ago. I recall NANOG played a
role in it's untimely demise. :-)

oh, darn! :)

reading the ID that masataka referenced, it sounded very much like shim6
about ~4 yrs prior to shim6's "invention".
I also don't recall seeing the draft referenced during the shim6
conversations.

Also, for completeness, MP-TCP clearly does not help UDP or ICMP flows...
nor IPSEC nor GRE nor...
unless you HTTP over MP-TCP and encap UDP/ICMP/GRE/IPSEC over that!

Talk about layer violations! talk about fun!

-chris