Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: nmap on cygwin

From: Matt <matt () use net>
Date: Fri, 24 Aug 2001 15:14:47 -0700 (PDT)

On 24 Aug 2001 netmgmt () nsimail com wrote:

What you could do is modify the nmap configure/makefile.in to detect the
wincap library under cygwin and link against it and it's headers instead of
the libpcap-possiblymodified. Of course, because the libpcap is possibly
modified, it means the winpcap version may not work at any given point. I'm
pretty sure it would, since win32 support is now integrated into nmap.

I ran configure with a switch of --with-libpcap=/the dir with WinPCAP
It worked ok, no problems. Then I editied Makefile.in in nmap-2.53 dir to
point libpcapdir to this directory from before and it bombed with a
message about a circular reference libpcap dir. Am I missing anything ?
The last thing I tried was to delete everything that comes in the
libpcap-possiblymodified and tar'ed in the WinPCAP stuff, then used the
standard Makefile.in and I still got a circular reference. Anything else I
might be able to try. I was encouraged by a successful configure,
though.

(Please reply inline and inesrt carriage returns next time.)

I have no idea about the circular reference thing. As I said, I've never
done this myself and can only guess it would work. My suggestion would be
to resolve the circular reference, send a patch to the windump people
that fixes it, and go onto the next hurdle.

Sorry I can't be of more help, I'm already insanely busy having just
gotten back from a 3 week european sexcapade.

Er. Escapade.

;>