Nmap Development mailing list archives

RE: Exp Branch for OpenSSL on Windows

From: "Thomas Buchanan" <TBuchanan () thecompassgrp net>
Date: Thu, 15 May 2008 17:43:57 -0500

-----Original Message-----
From: nmap-dev-bounces () insecure org
[mailto:nmap-dev-bounces () insecure org] On Behalf Of Kris Katterjohn
Sent: Thursday, May 15, 2008 11:01 AM
To: Nmap Dev
Subject: Re: Exp Branch for OpenSSL on Windows

Kris Katterjohn wrote:
Hey everyone,

I've created a branch for testing OpenSSL on Windows:
/nmap-exp/kris/openssl-testing

Rather than using the zip archive I mentioned in my last email,
compilation of OpenSSL from source has been decided on.

My branch contains the OpenSSL libraries and headers needed for Nmap
compilation, and the DLLs required for running.  These files are in
mswin32/OpenSSL.

<snip>

If you have to change anything to get SSL working, or if it doesn't
work at all, please let me know.  Of course, please let me know if it
works too :)

Hey guys,

Has anybody tested this at all?  Just let me know if you have/had any
problems.

As I said before, you shouldn't have to change anything in your build
procedure; it should just work.

Thanks,
Kris Katterjohn

Kris,

I did check the branch out, and it compiled fine for me.  I had to make
one slight change, unrelated to the SSL stuff (I have to prepend
/cygdrive to all of the Cywin paths in mswin32/Makefile).
Unfortunately, I really haven't had a chance to do any significant
testing with it.

Thanks for getting this out there where it's easy to test and review.
If I get a little time in the next few weeks, I'd really like to get
back to the OpenSSL bindings for NSE.  I have a couple of scripts
sitting in my private SVN repo that require it, and they've proved
really useful for some of the scans that I do regularly.  I also really
like the idea that Brandon mentioned re: SSHD host fingerprints.  I'm
not sure what OpenSSL functions would be required to get a script like
that working, but it sounds like a fun challenge!  :)

Thomas