Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: ncat - UNIX-domain sockets support

From: Tomas Hozza <thozza () redhat com>
Date: Mon, 10 Sep 2012 10:32:09 -0400 (EDT)

Hi,

I started implementing the support for UNIX-domain
sockets for ncat. I implemented listening on a given
socket using the same algorithm/mechanism used for
example in ncat_listen_stream() function. I'll post
the code here later, but it is not finished yet.

But when I looked on the algorithm/mechanism used
when connecting using for example nsock_connect_tcp()
function in ncat_connect() it looked too complicated
to me for connecting to UNIX-domain sockets.

I thought I could use pretty much the same mechanism
used for listening (using select() in a while loop)
for connecting to UNIX domain socket and not to use
the nsock code.

Can I get any opinions on this, please? If anybody thinks
it shouldn't be done this way, or if it could be.

Thanks!

Regards,
Tomas