Snort mailing list archives

RE: Question about best hardware

From: SN ORT <snort_on_acid () yahoo com>
Date: Mon, 8 Mar 2004 06:49:51 -0800 (PST)

I used to have a bear of a time with over 100K, then I
added a second processor and now I can manage the
alerts in at least half the time, even though MySQL is
not multi-threaded, it seems that ACID was taking a
big chunk of that as well making the SQL calls...etc,
so ACID would go on one proc and MySQL on the other
and I saw a giant performance gain.

Cheese!

Marc

Message: 2