Snort mailing list archives

RE: Re: CAUTION: Long Rant!!! Re: [Snort-sigs] Broken 1429.2 (POLICY poll.gotomypc.c

From: "Patrick S. Harper" <patrick () internetsecurityguru com>
Date: Tue, 12 Oct 2004 18:32:43 -0500

And, before Juan started posting here, he was e-mailing back and forth with
me for about a week.  I do not mind helping people, I really enjoy it a lot.
But they have to be willing to learn, and read, and Google. Even a new user
to Linux that is fresh from the windows world is fine with me if they will
do a little research themselves and e-mail the list when they get stuck
(also they have to be able take advice and describe there troubles
accurately.  And attempt the fix's people suggest).

On the other topic, I was going to stay shut up and most likely should, but
I will only say this.  I understand being jumpy at times.  I have had people
(like Juan of recent times) pound me and I, in an e-mail directly to him,
got very very short with him.  I told him not to e-mail me if he was not
going to take any suggestions.

Patrick S. Harper | CISSP RHCT MCSE
www.internetsecurityguru.com

www.ntsug.org - Snort Users Group

"If there is no light at the end of the tunnel, get down there and light the
damn thing yourself!"