Snort mailing list archives

Re: Reliability of signatures

From: Crusty Saint <saintcrusty () gmail com>
Date: Fri, 4 Feb 2011 17:12:13 +0100

For now a flag for false-pos and one for false-neg would be nice to have.
Never mind digging into snort.org/search every time.

2011/2/4 Martin Roesch <roesch () sourcefire com>

On Fri, Feb 4, 2011 at 10:16 AM, Jim Hranicky <jfh () ufl edu> wrote:
On Fri, 4 Feb 2011 09:13:12 -0600
Martin Holste <mcholste () gmail com> wrote:

Seems like there'd almost need to be a central place that various
entities could report their findings. I know we've got rules that we
rely on heavily and work very well for us, but other than mailing
lists
there's no place to report our findings.

Hm, you mean like a vote up/down system like StackOverflow.com?  That
could be really interesting.  It would be very valuable to see what
others are finding to be helpful.

Sure, something like that - that would actually be very cool.

I like that idea too.  It'd make a lot of sense to integrate it into
snort.org - in fact there's probably a lot of data about Snort
detection performance, config options and rule quality we could put up
there.  Communication favors the defender...

Marty

--

--
- - -