Snort mailing list archives

Re: Reliability of signatures

From: "Fraser, Hugh" <hugh.fraser () arcelormittal com>
Date: Fri, 4 Feb 2011 11:08:13 -0500

I count about 30,000 signatures in the feed I pull down. That's a big effort to categorize. So perhaps an initial pass
using the classifications might give a reasonable starting point. I was thinking that further refinement effort could
be driven by the signatures that are most active at any time, like the way SANS directs their efforts using dshield to
identify what's most important. Over time, the most active signatures receive the most attention.