tcpdump mailing list archives

Re: pcap file format documentation

From: "Jefferson Ogata" <Jefferson.Ogata () noaa gov>
Date: Thu, 23 Mar 2006 18:45:04 -0500

On 03/20/2006 04:18 AM, Don Morrison wrote:
[top posting fixed YET again]
On 3/20/06, Jefferson Ogata <Jefferson.Ogata () noaa gov> wrote:
On 03/20/2006 02:01 AM, Don Morrison wrote:
[top posting fixed again]
I tried this method, but it hangs tcpdump.

That would be a bug in tcpdump. Why don't you send an example pcap file
along that does this (or post it to a web or FTP site and send a URL),
and state what version of tcpdump you are using.

The files are at work, so I'll have to reply in the morning. -Don

Don, did you want to point us at one of your problem files?

--
Jefferson Ogata <Jefferson.Ogata () noaa gov>
NOAA Computer Incident Response Team (N-CIRT) <ncirt () noaa gov>