Vulnerability Development mailing list archives

Re: multi-OS infections (Multi OS shellcode)

From: corecode <corecode () corecode ath cx>
Date: Wed, 25 Jul 2001 12:48:38 +0000

multi os/multi arch shellcode is just one way (a nice one, though)

another way for a multi os/multi arch worm would be:
- containing code for each os (or having the possibility to get the needed code via network connections etc)
- fingerprinting the target system (udp, icmp, tcp)
- injecting the right code

in combination with c sourcecode (almost every unix has a "cc") and/or shellcode, perl a versatile worm can be created.

further reading at:
http://lcamtuf.na.export.pl/worm.txt
(as it's slow you might to try google's cache: http://www.google.com/search?q=cache:lcamtuf.na.export.pl/worm.txt )

cheerz