Vulnerability Development mailing list archives

Re: Civil Disobedience

From: terry white <twhite () aniota com>
Date: Tue, 16 Oct 2001 12:19:24 -0700 (PDT)

on "10-16-2001" "Abel Wisman" writ:

: What is clear is that it for now is a American matter, which only shows that
: the land of the free isn't half as free as it is pertaining to be.

... the us is a domain of marketing.  the government is selling (1)
freedom, and (2) a part in how that finds application.  the latter
defines the former, and the last presidential election exposed the
illusion for what it is.

    'freedom' and the comfort it offers, fosters lethargy, and it's
rampant here.  with a national pension for 'wrinkle removers' and
'winged maxi-pads', castrating the internet not likely to incite much
notice, much less concern.

    the us government "NEEDS" an enemy.  without one, the body politic
might notice how far from its original idea, it'd moved.  we fought for
freedom "here" against the brits, and we'll kill any son-of-bitch "over"
there that don't want it.  it seems we missed a few.

    what is not terribly obvious, is the 'threat' the internet offers the
government.  and here boys and girls, is the delicious irony.  the
terrorist have given the government an excuse to 'manage' the internet,
which furthers the corrupt use of power, against which they rail ...

--
... i'm a man , and i can change ,
    if i really have to , i guess ...